- Strawberry Pocky – Love it. Of course. Finally got to try some for xmas. My room-mate put some in my stocking. It’s like cracker sticks dipped in strawberry yogurt. Very tasty.
- Nameko Biscuits – Plain. They reminded me of something but I was never able to put my finger on it. They were pretty tasty. Nothing fancy.
- Green Tea Kit Kat – Delicious. I was so excited to see a flavor of kit kats we do not get here. Loved the green tea flavor. And they were actually green.
- Bakauke Fried Sesame – Eh. Like anything sesame flavored.
- Star Kirby Bubble Gum – Eh. Soft gum. Not really sweet though.
- Sakusaku Panda Cookies – Very tasty. Hard cookie with a type of soft white cream on the top. Shape of panda face.
- Shrimp Mayo Umaibo – My favorite out of this months box. Good shrimp taste. I really like Umaibo. The puffed corn snack.
- Potato Chip Sticks – Like the little pieces at the bottom of your chip bag. However, they did pack a little kick in the flavor department.
Check out my room-mates review of our SkoshBox here (she has more photos).
I miss being apart of an active message board. Are there any around anymore? I went back to some old ones and either they are no longer around, or they are not active anymore. I loved the interaction of message boards. It’s funny how some things become unpopular over time.Message boards are just not a popular web trend anymore.
Some of the bloggers I read did year in review questionnaires or photos for each month, but I got nothing. I did not write down any resolutions, but I did create a Day Zero Project page and a 2015 Reading Challenge page.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s Eve and Day! Here’s to 2015 being totally kick-ass!
I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! And I hope you got what you wished/asked for. I got a few Funk Pop Vinyl’s I wanted and some books. And tons of candy. More candy than I need. I celebrate with my room-mates in the morning and my family in the afternoon and evening. None of my extended family came, just celebrated with immediate family and some friends of the family. It was a pretty good time. Played a few rounds of Cards Against Humanity and a round of Settlers of Catan. Food, family, friends and gifts. Who could ask for more?
Yesterday I bought a gift for someone for next year. It was pointed out to me that I have already begun shopping for the holidays for next year. It made me shudder a bit. I am a classic don’t buy anything until the week before type shopper. Oh well. I saw an opportunity and took it.
You may have noticed that my website theme has changed. I was actually looking through layouts for someone else can came across this one and decided to try it out. I needed a little change of pace. I like it.
On Monday December 8th I started to get a sore throat and a fever. By Thursday December 11th I was admitted to the hospital for azithromycin resistant walking pneumonia. We know it was zpak resistant because I had gotten a script for it on Wednesday from a local urgent care and it had done nothing. Thursday night I had a fever of 103 and my oxygen level dipped around 89. Coincidentally my brother was admitted 12 hours previously for pneumonia as well. We did not get it from each other. We hadn’t seen each other since Thanksgiving. We were both released Sunday 14th, him in the morning and me in the afternoon. I am still not feeling 100% better. I am not coughing as much and my wheezing is down to a minimum. I am still taking antibiotics and puffs of my inhaler. Here’s hoping I feel like my old self by Christmas.
I have all my holiday shopping done and wrapped most of the presents. We are celebrating Christmas at my parents home on Christmas day. I sent out all my holiday cards last week. Every year I say that I am not going to celebrate the Christian holidays any more. However, it is hard to give them up when your friends and family celebrate them. I would love to start my own Yule tradition though. Perhaps I will make it my New Years resolution.
I am sorry I don’t have more to blog about. I am feeling exhausted.
1. Caramel Pie Pretz – Reminds me of Pringle Sticks. Not really a strong caramel flavor. Sweet snack.
2. Super Mario Galaxy Gum – Very strong lime flavor. Did not like.
3. Calpis Marshmellow – Soft marsh mellow with apple jelly flavor in the middle. Tasty.
4. Nori Wrapped Senbei – Hard pretzel wrapped in seaweed. Salty and bitter.
5. Potato Ring Snack – Reminds me of a Funyun without the onion. Potato flavor. Could use a little salt.
6. Bubble Gum Balls – Just like regular strawberry bubble gum.
7. Vegetable Salad Umaibo – Cheese puff texture. My favorite out of this box. Flavor reminded me of Garden Salsa SunChips.
8. Super Soda Hard Candy – Very sour on the outside. Very fizzy on the inside. Sour and then sweet flavor.